TO APPLY EMAIL RESUMES TO ERICA PACHECO – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Supervise and/or coordinate work efforts of the survey department and make hiring
recommendations. Project management responsibilities include client contact, data
management, boundary determinations, preparing legal descriptions, construction layout
calculations and file preparation. Work includes all facets of land and engineering surveys,
ALTA, site and roadway design surveys, route surveys, construction surveys, supervision and
production of surveying projects, drawing and other related work products and services.
2. Oversees the surveying function of the business to meet client needs by performing skilled,
technical work in the surveying, mapping and drafting of projects. Much of the work involves
the coordination and gathering of data from outside agencies, as well as providing pertinent
information to contractors and developers.
3. Review, organize and plan the Survey schedule to assure surveys are completed on-time.
Coordinate newly scheduled surveys into schedule. Assign field projects based on best skills
available and who is available.
4. Verify and document departmental employees are appropriately trained to operate survey
5. Verify that survey staff maintains proper documentation necessary for change orders, field
notebooks, time sheets, project records, vehicle operation and maintenance records.
6. Oversee and monitor survey equipment to ensure that it is properly maintained, calibrated
and fully accounted for on a regular schedule.
7. Resolve problems with local government officials, inspectors, customer’s representative and
work crew on job sites or delegate as needed. Review completed work to assure that survey
group complies with all applicable Professional, Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
1. Education – BS in Surveying or related field.
2. Must be a current, licensed Professional Surveyor in New Mexico or within six months of employment.
3. Experience – This position requires a minimum of six years of experience after licensure in boundary,
topographic and construction surveys, design surveys, subdivision plats, ALTA/ACSM surveys, water
rights surveys, horizontal and vertical control networks for aerial and GPS surveys.
4. Must be proficient in the use of computers and CAD, Trimble Software, GPS Total Station, Robotics,
AutoCAD and Land Development Desktop.
5. Is of good moral character and reputation.
6. Must have strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, be self-directed with good verbal
and written communication skills.
All other requirements for employment with Pettigrew will apply.