TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO ERICA PACHECO – email@example.com
Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories and practices
of the field. Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new
concepts, and policy matters. Generally become involved with the management of smaller projects or
phases and tasks within large projects, as well as the supervision, coordination and review of the work
of project engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and
practices in broad areas. Use advanced techniques, theory precepts and practices in the civil
engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. A lead position, this level includes technical
direction over a group of civil engineers and/or functions as a technical specialist, formulating and
developing advanced civil engineering concepts.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other
departments in the company participating in a project.
As a Project Engineer, serves as a technical specialist, staff advisor and consultant to the civil
engineering discipline, for a given land/site development, public works, and/or transportation-related
project or program function.
- As a Staff Engineer, carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or
improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined equipment, materials,
processes or methods.
- Assists in marketing the firm’s capabilities within the civil engineering discipline to establish new
clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Assists in preparation of proposals for potential
- Participates in the selection of design teams and subconsultants and in the negotiations of fees and
- Conducts constructability reviews or assists in the design/planning/review.
May supervise civil engineering and support personnel: evaluates performance; assigns and schedules
work; establishes project priorities and standards; makes recommendations on hiring, firing and
promotions; provides technical support of project work.
- May assist the Principal Engineer in the preparation of the department/division budget and policy
A minimum of 8 years of experience and Professional Engineering licenses in NM or ability to obtain
within 6 months.
All other requirements for employment with Pettigrew will apply.