S. R. 18 BEAUTIFICATION AND TRAIL PROJECT
The S.R. 18 Trail serves as a link from a residential/commercial area of Hobbs to the following places: Lea County Events Center, New Mexico Junior College, Zia Park & Black Gold Casino, Lea Regional Hospital, and a path to connect to the University of the Southwest and the Rockwinds Community Links Golf Course. Located adjacent to the Lovington/Hobbs Highway, the trail welcomes travelers from surrounding areas with its beauty and provides a pleasant walking/biking environment for the locals. The complete project provides a 6-mile trail for walking, biking, or jogging.
Pettigrew & Associates provided professional engineering and surveying services for the Beautification and Trail Project.
The scope of work included:
- Complete Topographic Survey to Establish Location of Existing
- Features Including Trees, Trail, Grades and Irrigation System Along
- The Trail Corridor.
- Field Verification of Existing Plants and Trees
- Utility Coordination
- Design of Horizontal Alignment and Vertical Alignment
- Design of Drainage and Grading Features Along Trail
- Design of Structural Section
- Construction Staking