MURRAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Hobbs Municipal Schools established the need for a new 450-student kindergarten-fifth grade elementary school to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of a growing community. The new two-story 53,000 sq. ft. school, also houses the Jenkins-Nunan Learning Center and is located at 510 Dal Paso Street near the Hobbs City Park.
Because traffic to the school flows primarily east of the building due to the projected attendance zone, the school entrance faces Hobbs City Park. A newly constructed roadway runs between the school campus and the city park and an additional new road runs from the school campus to Jefferson Street. A school bus pick-up and drop-off area is located on the west side of the campus, facing Dal Paso street.
The Murray Elementary project delivery system is CMAR (Construction Management at Risk) and was procured through CES (Cooperative Educational Services).
Pettigrew & Associates has provided a geotechnical investigation at Murray Elementary as well as recommendations for a VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) barrier, civil design and surveying for the project.
- Permits, Entitlements and Approvals
- Site Demolition Plan
- Site Improvement Plan
- Horizontal Control Plans for Construction
- Topographic Survey for Design
- Site Grading and Drainage Plan
- Site Paving Plan, Site Utility Plan
- Pollution Prevention Including Erosion Control Measures
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Construction Administration
Hobbs Municipal Schools