The proposed Homestead Estates in Hobbs, NM comprises 258 acres with a spread of 937 lots between Bender Boulevard and the Seminole Highway. The lots are designed to support single and multi-family homes. Pettigrew & associates was contracted to provide boundary and topographic surveying and other preliminary design services. The project involved preparation of lots for building of affordably priced homes.
Specific tasks included:
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Restoration and/or establishment of monumentation
- Traffic Impact Analysis
- Analysis of existing conditions, future traffic analysis, and traffic signal warrant analysis.
- Drainage Study/Preliminary Design
- Identification of all drainage patterns
- Detailed hydrologic analysis to identify all existing drainage patterns and storm drain systems and to determine the magnitude of the run-off flow rates for the appropriate design frequencies
- Detailed hydraulic design of all required drainage features.
- Drainage Report incorporating all finding, including:
- Inventory of existing drainage structures/systems
- Detailed structure recommendations including drainage areas, design discharges, and head water depths.
- Preliminary Utility Analysis
- Analysis of existing sewer and water capacity, determination of site demands, coordination with City of Hobbs Utilities Department, and determination of other utilities necessary for the site.