ROLE: Maintains and updates Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and for projects and/or assessment maps; does related work as required.
1. Participates in the development of GIS and CAD databases to support departments with a range of projects including but not limited to, construction projects, sanitary sewers, drainage, and water and road design.
2. Maintains maps, digitizing new sub-divisions and utilities, and deed verifications.
3. Receives and responds to requests for GIS and CAD support working closely with other departments.
4. Revises existing systems by digitizing existing utilities to integrate with GIS and CAD.
5. Maintains infrastructure maps.
6. Prepares GIS reports and analysis for various projects.
7. Digitizes new subdivision maps and deed verification records for assessment purposes, including reading of metes and bounds, verification of boundaries and changes to deeds.
8. Collects and assembles data concerning the development of digital data which can be integrated into the GIS database.
9. Participates in department meetings for the purpose of work review, project planning and assessment.
10. Performs duties as a survey crew member for GIS data gathering and surveying used to collect and stake out existing and new assets and infrastructure.
11. The work consists of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) services supporting project teams, including the Field Engineer, Field Crews, Chief of Parties, etc.
12. Candidate must be able to perform under pressure while producing quality work from sketches, layouts and notes; has extensive knowledge and proficiency in the AutoCAD environment and a strong understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the program and its practical applications.
13. Candidate must be able to complete drawings in 2D & 3D. The candidate will be responsible for gathering engineering data from a variety of sources; performing basic calculations, reviewing details and quantity calculations from others, and preparing original rough layouts and sketches.
14. Candidate will review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting to Project Manager for review
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
1. Good knowledge of the general principles of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and CAD (Computer Aided Design).
2. Ability to work independently on requests for graphic information; follow oral and written directions; prepare and interpret data in a range of digital formats; and reason logically
3. Any acceptable combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a related two year degree program and three (3) or more years of successful, progressively responsible work to advanced cadastral and engineering drafting experience preferably including a minimum of one – two (1-2) years of supervisory experience; OR
4. An equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
5. Bachelor of Science Geographic Information Systems or related field preferred.
Erica Martinez Pacheco | Office Manager / HR Representative
Ph: (575) 393-9827 Fax: (575) 393-1543
Please email resumes to: email@example.com