ROLE: To support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department and to provide back up to the Billing Coordinator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Course work in job costing is preferred.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrating the ability to conceptualize, create, and execute flexible and innovative solutions to accounting and reporting issues.
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word and possess excellent written communication skills to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain vendor documentation.
- Process Accounts Payable
- Create and maintain Purchase Order Processing system.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable Cash Deposits
- Reconcile employee credit card and gas card purchases.
- Work with Project Managers in utilization of Job Cost Accounting Software
- Prepare mailings and priority shipments for the Accounting Department
- Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Controller.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
- Master of Accountancy or related field is required. Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university.
- Minimum 3 years in accounting is required.
All other requirements for employment with Pettigrew will apply.
Please respond to:
Krissie Castillo | Talent Acquisition Specialist
Ph: 575 393 9827 (Fax: (575) 393-1543