1. Drafts detailed dimensional drawings (2D and 3D isometric) and designs layouts for projects and to
ensure conformance to specifications; reads and reviews project blueprints and structural
specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements
2. Develops plans for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures;
evaluates facility to determine suitability for occupancy and square footage availability.
3. Prepares reports and documents project activities and data; confers with supervisor to determine
project details, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
4. Calculates dimensions, surface grades, square footage, profile and component specifications, and
material quantities, using calculator or computer; analyzes proposed site factors and designs maps,
graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
5. Complete activities based on client satisfaction and the following objectives; accuracy of work,
following the directions of the specific projects and on-time performance, within budget.
6. Confers with supervisor to determine project details, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing,
and evaluation of field conditions.
7. Make changes and / or adjustments to engineering plans as determined by the client or Project
Manager – Engineering and provide technical answers as necessary.
8. Conduct field reviews and site inspections to verify construction documents.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
1. Education requirement – Graduated from a board-approved, four-year engineering curriculum; or
Graduated from a board-approved, four-year engineering technology program accredited by the
technical accreditation commission of the accreditation board for engineering and technology,
augmented by at least two years of board-approved, post-graduate engineering experience.
2. Experience – Must have a minimum of three years experience with Auto CAD and/or Land
Development Desktop. Must be proficient in the use of computers and CAD, AutoCAD and Land
Development Desktop. Recent College Graduates must have Auto Cad and/or Land Development
Desktop coursework in lieu of the three years experience.
ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH PETTIGREW WILL APPLY.